Visas are papers issued by competent Vietnamese agencies, allowing foreigners to enter Vietnam. However, there will be cases where foreigners are exempted from visas when entering Vietnam.
Under the provisions of Article 12 of the Law on Entry, Exit and Transit of Residents of Foreigners in Vietnam 2014 on visa exemption cases:
"1. According to international treaties of which Vietnam is a member.
2. Using permanent residence cards and temporary residence cards under the provisions of this Law.
3. Entering border-gate economic zones, special administrative-economic units.
4. According to the provisions of Article 13 of this Law.
5. Overseas Vietnamese who hold passports or papers of international travel value issued by foreign competent agencies and foreigners being spouses or children of their families; Foreigners who are spouses or children of Vietnamese citizens shall be exempt from visas in accordance with the regulations of the Government. "
At the same time, according to Article 4 of Decree No. 82/2015 / ND-CP, the time, value and form of visa exemption documents:
"1. The visa exemption certificate has a maximum duration of no more than 5 years and is shorter than the expiry date of the passport or international travel document of the grantee for at least 6 months.
2. Visa exemption certificates are granted to people on entry to Vietnam to visit relatives, solve personal affairs.
3. A visa exemption certificate is issued to the passport; The following cases are issued separately:
a / Passports have expired;
b / The passport of a country without diplomatic relations with Vietnam;
c / Papers of international travel;
d / At the request of the visa exemption certificate holder;
e / For diplomatic, defense or security reasons.
4. Visa exemption certificates are issued separately for each person. Children sharing a passport with their parents are granted a visa exemption with their parents. "
The above is the introduction of the HD Law on visa exemption for foreigners entering the country. Customers wishing to know more about visa exemption procedures please contact us.
HD Law Firm
Looking forward to working with you!