Procedures for extending one-year temporary residence cards for foreigners whose parents are Vietnamese

Last Updated: 10/19/2018

1. Conditions for granting temporary residence cards to married foreigners:

     - Passport of foreigners remaining valid for at least 13 months;

     - Visas are being used in Vietnam for the right purpose;

     - Having a marriage certificate in Vietnam or a marriage certificate in Vietnam, for cases of marriage registration in foreign countries.

2. Dossiers of application for temporary residence cards for foreigners having Vietnamese husbands in Hanoi:

     - Certificate of marriage registration in Vietnam or marriage annals in Vietnam, for cases of marriage registration in foreign countries;

     - Form NA7: Application for guarantee and issuance of temporary residence card for foreigners to be signed and stamped by Ward Police (download);

     - Form NA8: Application form for temporary residence card for foreigner (download);

     - Original passport and original visa;

     - 02 photos 2cmx3cm;

     - Vietnamese husband's household register is Vietnamese;

     - ID card / ID card of the husband is Vietnamese.

3. Time limit for temporary residence card: not exceeding 3 years in accordance with current provisions of law.

4. Place of filing: Immigration Department.

5. Time limit for carrying out procedures: 05 working days from the date of submission of valid dossiers.

For more information about applying for a temporary residence card, please contact us for advice on each specific case.


In order to apply your Temporary Residence Card, please provide some necessary information as below to our email address : or Hotline: 0988.073.181 (WhatsApp/Zalo/Viber available 24/4).

You can also leave a message in the chat box on our website, we will contact you as soon as possible!

Very pleased to serve customers!