How to get a Temporary Residence Card in Hanoi for Korean that has Vietnamese husband

Last Updated: 11/16/2018

Good afternoon Sir/Madam. I live in Hanoi. My wife is Korean and we have the Marriage Registration. My wife wants to live in Hanoi with me for 02 years before moving back to Korea. Could you give me some information about the procedures of applying for a Temporary Residence Card for my wife? Sincerely!


First and foremost, we are honored that you have concerned about our service.

As you have mentioned above, your wife want to get a Temporary Residence Card to live in Vietnam about 02 years. According to the Law No. 47/2014/QH13, your wife can get a Temporary Residence Card with the maximum duration of 03 years.

1. Durations of Temporary Residence Card for the Korean that has Vietnamese husband: not over 03 years.

2. Conditions for the Korean:

- Minimum duration of the Korean is 13 months;

- The Korean’s visa is being used with right purpose in Vietnam;

- There is a Marriage Registration which proves the relationship between the Korean and the Vietnamese husband.

3. Dossiers required to get a Temporary Residence Card:

- 01 copy of Marriage Registration;

- 01 information form for a Temporary Residence Card (as the NA8 form);

- 01 guarantee for the Korean to get a Temporary Residence Card (as the NA7 form);

- The Korean’s original passport and visa;

- The Vietnamese husband’s Household Registration Book;

- The Vietnamese husband’s Identity Card;

- 02 portrait photos size 02cmx03cm.

4. Place of application: Vietnam Immigration Department.

5. Time limit for complete procedures: 05 working days since the Korean applies those valid dossiers.

If you have any difficulties in applying for a Temporary Residence Card, please contact us:


It’s our pleasure to provide service for customers