How to extend 2-year-duration of TRC for a Japanese child that has Vietnamese father in Hai Phong?

Last Updated: 12/12/2018

Dear Sir/Madam. I live in Hai Phong, my wife is Japanese and we have a 4-year-old daughter. She has lived in Vietnam for almost 2 years and her TRC will be expired this year. I wonder if I could do the procedures to extend her TRC duration for about 2 years? Sincerely!


First and foremost, we are honored that you have concerned about our service.

As you have mentioned above, you want to extend your daughter’s TRC duration for about 02 years. You can apply dossiers to extend her duration of TRC according to regulations in Law No.47/2014/QH13.

1. Conditions for Japanese child to extend her TRC duration:

- Her passport duration is as 06 months longer than her TRC duration;

- Her visa is being used for right purpose in Vietnam;

- Her Birth Registration proves the relationship between her and her Vietnamese father.

2. Dossiers to extend her TRC duration:

- Birth Registration;

- 01 information form for a TRC (as the NA8 form);

- 01 guarantee for the Japanese child (as the NA7 form);

- The Japanese child’s original passport and visa;

- The Japanese child’s TRC that is being used;

- 01 copy of the Vietnamese father’s or Vietnamese grand-parents’ Vietnamese Household Registration Book;

- 01 copy of the Vietnamese father’s Identity Card;

- 01 portrait photos size 2cmx3cm.

3. Place of application: Immigration Office – Hai Phong Department of Public Security.

4. Time limit for complete procedures: 05 working days since having applied those valid dossiers.

For more details about our service, please contact us:


Our pleasure to provide service for customers!