How to extend 03-year-duration of TRC for Korean investor in Hanoi?

Last Updated: 12/10/2018

Dear Sir/Madam! I am a personnel officer in a company in Hanoi. My company has a Korean investor, who holds 35% of the company’s capital. He has already had a TRC which will be expired this year while he wants to live in Vietnam for 3-4 years more. Could you tell me about the procedures for the Kean investor to extend 03-year-duration of his TRC? Sincerely!


First and foremost, it’s our honor that you have concerned about our service!

According to the Law No.47/2014/QH13, foreign investors can extend their duration of TRC. The Korean investor who works in your company has to apply valid dossiers to extend his duration of TRC, which should follow some set of rules below:

1. Conditions for the Korean investor:

- Minimum duration of his original passport is as 06 months as longer than his duration of TRC that is being used;

- His visa is being used for right purpose in Vietnam;

- There is Business Registration License or Investment Certificate which shows his investment clearly.

2. Dossiers for the Korean investor:

- 01 copy of Business Registration License or Investment Certificate which shows his investment in the company clearly;

- 01 information for a TRC (as the NA8 form);

- 01 written request for TRC for the Korean investor of the company that he invests in (as the NA6 form);

- The Korean investor’s original passport and visa;

- The Korean investor’s TRC which is being used;

- 02 portrait photos size 2cmx3cm.

3. Place of application: Vietnam Immigration Department.

4. Time limit for complete procedures: 05 working days since the Korean investor apply those valid dossiers.

If you get any difficulties, please contact us:


It’s our pleasure to provide service for customers