How to extend 02 years TRC duration of Japanese worker that has Work Permit in Hung Yen?

Last Updated: 11/16/2018

Dear Sir/Madam. I’m a personnel officer of a limited company in Hung Yen, Vietnam. My company has hired a Japanese worker, who has already had Work Permit as well as Temporary Residence Card. His TRC is going to be expired this year while he still has to work for us about 2 years more. Could you please give me some advice about procedures for extending his TRC duration for 2 years? Sincerely!


First and foremost, it is our honored that you have concerned about our service.

As you have mentioned above, according to Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through and residence in Vietnam No.47/2014/QH13, foreign workers that have work permit can apply necessary dossiers to extend their TRC duration, which has maximum duration of 02 years. Specifically, this Japanese worker should concern some sections below:

1. Conditions for the Japanese worker:

- His passport duration is as 06 months as longer than his TRC being used;

- His visa is being used for right purpose in Vietnam;

- Minimum duration of his Work Permit is 01 year.

2. Dossiers for extending TRC duration for the Japanese worker:

- 01 copy of Business Registration License or Investment Certificate of the limited company that hires the Japanese worker;

- 01 guarantee of the company that hires the Japanese worker (as the NA6 form);

- 01 information for a TRC of the Japanese worker (as the NA8 form);

- The Japanese worker’s original passport and visa;

- The Japanese worker’s Work Permit;

- The Japanese worker’s Temporary Residence Card that is being used;

- 02 portrait photos size 2cmx3cm.

3. Place of application: Immigration Office – Hung Yen Department of Public Security.

4. Time limit for complete procedure: 05 working days since the Japanese applies those valid dossiers.

For more details, please contact us:


Our pleasure to provide service for customers!