How to extend 02-year-duration of TRC for the Japanese that has Vietnamese wife in Vinh Phuc?

Last Updated: 12/19/2018

Dear Sir/Madam! My husband is Japanese and we have a Marriage Registration in Vinh Phuc. He has already had a TRC to live in Vietnam, but it will be expired this year. We’ve both decided to live in Vietnam for more 02 years before moving back to Japan. Could you give me advice on how to extend 02-year-duration of his TRC? Sincerely!


First and foremost, it’s our honor that you have concerned about our service!

As you have mentioned above, your husband wants to extend duration of his TRC for 02 years. According to the Law No.47/2014/QH13, you and your husband should follow some sections below:

1. Conditions to extend duration of TRC:

- Minimum duration of his original passport is as 06 months longer than his TRC that is being used;

- His visa is being used for right purpose in Vietnam;

- There is Marriage Registration which proves the relationship between the Vietnamese wife and the Japanese husband.

2. Dossiers required to extend duration of TRC:

- 01 information for a TRC (as the NA8 form);

- 01 guarantee for the Japanese to extend duration of their TRC (as the NA6 form);

- 01 copy of Marriage Registration;

- The Vietnamese wife’s Household Registration Book;

- The Vietnamese wife’s Identity Card;

- The Japanese husband’s original passport and visa;

- 02 portrait photos size 02cmx03cm.

3. Application of place: Immigration Office – Vinh Phuc Department of Public City.

4. Time limit for complete procedures: 05 working days since the Japanese applies those valid dossiers.

For more details, please contact us:


It’s our pleasure to provide service for customers!