Foreigners who are married to Vietnamese can apply for a visa to visit a family or work or investment visa, issued by a company where a foreigner works in Vietnam.
The maximum period for visiting visit visa is 12 months, after the expiration of the visa, foreigners need to carry out some procedures for visa extension as follows:
1. Legal grounds
- Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam
- Decree No. 82/2015 / ND-CP regulating visa exemption for Vietnamese residing overseas and foreigners being spouses, children or children of Vietnamese residing overseas Vietnamese people
- Circular No. 04/2015 / TT-BCA specifying forms of papers related to the entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam
2. Conditions for visa extension
- Older Visa is still valid.
- Passport is still valid for at least 06 months
- Having papers to prove the personal relationship: marriage certificate.
- Letters of invitation or guarantee of relatives are Vietnamese
Marriage extension procedures for Korean nationals
The guarantor or beneficiary of the guarantor shall bring the dossier prepared and submitted to the exit and entry management body. The dossier comprises:
- Marriage registration certificate or marriage memorandum of foreigners with Vietnamese citizens.
- The original passport with the residence duration in Vietnam as prescribed.
- The original family and ID card of a spouse who is a Vietnamese citizen.
- Form of application for visa extension, made according to the form set by the Immigration Department (Form NA5).
The Immigration Department will process the dossiers within 5 working days after receiving complete and valid dossiers.
Please contact HD Law for assistance in applying for visa, visa quickly, accurately.
In order to apply your Vietnam visa extension or renewal for long term or short staying in Vietnam without leaving out the country, please provide some necessary information as below to our email address : firstname.lastname@example.org or Hotline: 0988.073.181 (WhatsApp/Zalo/Viber available 24/4).
You can also leave a message in the chat box on our website, we will contact you as soon as possible!
HD Law Firm - HD LAW LLP
We are looking forward to working with you!